Coaching a child’s team is hard work. Other parents can be a pain, the hours a little, and usually there is no pay.
There are some great reasons to get involved. There are some reasons to coach a youth sports team.
- The coach must love kids. If they do not like little ones they should not coach them.
- Coaches are positive role models which children need. Many coaches do not realize the lifelong impact they have on their young players.
- The coach must have a love for the game and want to share this with others.
- There are some coaches that do not do the right thing and a good person will take over and do something about this. They will step up to be coach to help motivate and cheer on the kids.
- Hard work and fun can happen at the same time. A good coach can show children this.
- While the coach does not coach just to please other parents they can help others understand that sports can be a positive thing in their children’s life. Youth sports is a time for learning for both parents and children. A good coach can set a positive example for other parents.
- The news talks about abusive coaches and many parents want to change this. One of the best ways is to become a coach. They can do something to make a positive change.
- People love to win but winning isn’t everything. A good coach will help develop the skills of their players. While winning does make children happy the coach can help them develop their sports skills as well as positive character traits.
- Coaching children is not about making money. Many youth coach make little to no money. They want to be involved with their child and get to spend time with them.
- Parents want to be part of their child’s youth sports experience. There is no better way to get involved then coaching. This is the chance to bond with the child.
Many youth sports coaches end up leaving their position. There is a lot of pressure and it seems like they do not get enough support. If a person is not coaching for the right reason it is no surprise that they quit. Positive figures are needed in youth sports and now is a great time for a parent to get involved.